Saturday, January 8, 2022

Home Street QAL: Intro

 I've picked my colours. I've been meaning to make my husband a quilt for years - his only stipulation is that it has to cover him from head to toe.

I'm going to use these solid colours.


I entered the colours into the pattern and the finished top should end up looking something like this...

I'm sure he'll just be happy to receive a quilt, no matter what it looks like. I'm excited to see how it'll turn out.

QAL Week 1 (January 10) : Cutting Fabric

QAL Week 2 (January 17) : Make HSTs (Half-Square Triangles)

QAL Week 3 (January 21) : Trim HSTs

QAL Week 4 (January 28) : Sew Rows

QAL Week 5 (February 7) : Assemble Quilt Top


After that comes the hard part of figuring out what kind of backing to use and getting the batting and backing ready. I'm thinking maybe fireside since it's nice and soft which will make it a quilt you want to cozy up with on the couch (#goals!).

Then the quilting part... I love straight line quilting and that's what all my quilts have had. I have quilted every quilt I've done. A lot of people pay someone to quilt them for them but we don't have as many options where I am (and I'm cheap ha ha).

And finally, the binding. I might want to do something fun or edgy, using the scraps to sew together into strips for the binding... I'm not quite sure yet. I want to play around with some ideas but I've got time for that.

Next Week: Cutting HST

No comments:

Post a Comment