Friday, February 27, 2015

Have I Mentioned?

I'm a Quilter. That's where the "cotton" comes into the picture in case you - if anyone out there - is reading and wondering.

I am really enjoying it. I've always loved to sew. I started my first quilt right after my son was born - this will help me remember how many years I've been doing it!

I joined a local Quilt Guild and it's full of ladies, mostly older but my mom, sister, cousin, and I are in the group too which makes it all the more enjoyable. I think we're the youngest ones and it's fun to be able to see a wide variety of quilt styles, colours, and interests in the group. It's also one night a month away with the girls which is always welcome.

We have a New Years Resolution Challenge in the group too which I've participated in. The first year I did not complete it but last year I did! It's so satisfying.

This year, my New Years Resolution list is pretty intense:
  • Houndstooth Quilt ("Horizon" by Kate Spain)
  • Half-Square Triangle Baby/Child Quilt ("Fox Trails" by Riley Blake Designs)
  • Hexagon Quilt ("Sunnyside" by Kate Spain)
  • Table Runner (No plans yet)
I'm looking forward to how they'll all turn out. I have the fabric for all of them already so it's just a matter of sitting down and doing it.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment