Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Table Runner - Vintage Fabric

My husband’s uncle passed away almost exactly a year ago and while my mother-in-law was packing up his house, she found some fabric that belonged to her mother. She gave it to me to do something with so I decided to make a table runner for her as a gift.

I was wracking my brain on how to make it all incorporate together without looking too nightmare-ish.

This was the first layout I had figured. I planned to add black squares where the blue is and put a couple black strips in too to break it up.


I didn’t love it but figured it was the only way to make it work.

THEN…

I pulled it out on a visit this weekend and my sister said it was too busy (this I already knew). Then I played around with it a bit, removing everything but the larger floral squares. I came up with this.

Then I thought I’d use the strips for the binding but my sister suggested using the strips for a backing!! đź’ˇ

   

   

   

   



I'm not quite done yet but all I have to do is sandwich together with batting, quilt it, and bind it. I hope to give it to her on Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment